FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
What do I get for the initial session fee?
Me! My time planning, the session itself, post-production and meeting with you before and after your session. The session fee is credited towards the products that you purchase.
When is the “sitting” fee due?
On or before the day of the session.
Is a deposit required to hold the date?
Yes. A $100 non-refundable deposit is due the day you sign the contract for photography services – portrait only.
What type of payment do you accept?
I accept cash, check or credit on or before the day of your session. I also accept payment via just about any online payment company – PayPal, Venmo, Square Cash . . . Payment plans are available.
I love social media! I believe that if someone likes your photos they will ask you who took them, but I would really appreciate it if you would just share the watermarked versions. My watermark is nice and non-intrusive to your images. I do like to share sneak peeks right after the session, so PLEASE let me know if you are not okay with your images being posted on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and/or my website. When you sign our contract, the release is included.
Can I buy the digital images?
Yes. Digital files are available for purchase or included with all products purchased.
Can I see ALL the images you took?
Nope. You hired me, which includes my eye and ability to take gorgeous and professional photographs.
What if something goes wrong during the session?
I want you to be happy. You hired me because you wanted beautiful images. I will do what I can to achieve our mutual goals. If we just can’t get any usable images and it means meeting on a different day, then we will do that with a small extra fee for my time – if it is not an error on my part. HOWEVER, if we go all the way through the session and we get the great images I expect, but during the reveal you say that you simply do not like the photos, that’s fine – you do not have to purchase any prints – I will not do a free re-shoot – unless, of course, I messed up.
What is included in the final image?
The final image editing consists of color, contrast, depth, sharpness, dodging, burning and slight retouching noted below. Any in-depth retouching that you request will require an extra fee that we can discuss. Please note for your own peace of mind: the final photos you receive are photos that I would like to print if they were mine.
What kind of retouching is included?
I make faces clear of blemishes and scars. Extensive retouching will be discussed at your consultation.
A Brief Guide to Professional Photo Restrictions
The photos that a photographer hands over to you are part of their life’s work. It has their name or branding so there are a few important restrictions to note when it comes to the professional digital images that you receive.
1) Copyright. The digital images that your photographer provides you with have a copyright, which means the photographer has the option to use those photos to market their work and services anytime in the future. We are however also respectful of our clients so if there are any images that you would prefer to keep private, it’s best to let us know about it ahead of time so that we can honor your wishes.
2) Image type. We aren’t able to provide you with the original files or raw images. All images given to the client have been cropped and have been edited. If you do require further touch ups we would need to provide you with a quote.
3) Image altering. While we appreciate your business and welcome the sharing of our photos on social media platforms, we ask that the images not be altered in any way as this is against our copyright policies.
What constitutes image altering?
- Adding filters or editing photos in Photoshop
- Removing our logo or studio name
- Color correcting or including transitions from color to black and white
- Clipping people or objects out of the original shot
So why do we have this as a restriction? Our photos are a representation of our work so when a customer alters an image it directly impacts our name and brand in the industry. When we present you with final images, they have already been through our editing process and don’t require further alterations. When images are altered, the results are not always reflective of our original work and can then be mistaken for ours. We greatly appreciate your loyalty and cooperation in this matter.
We are happy to give a quote if you want images to be edited in a specific way or if you want further alterations made.
I reserve the right to change these policies at any time. However, the policies in place at the time of your booking stand – or they will be discussed with you prior to your session for agreement.