I am thankful for family and the abundance in my life. I am also thankful for all the special moments I have had the privilege of capturing this year and of all the clients I have gotten to know. I loved discovering new places and sharing in your happiness and I look forward to many more of these moments in the coming year.
Thank you for making my days brighter!
Here a few tips to keep in mind this holiday season:
1. While entertaining, keep your glasses, ice and beverages in the living room so that your kitchen doesn’t get too crowded.
2. Fill big pots with soapy water after dinner so that you can soak smaller items such as utensils.
3. Need to create space in your refrigerator? Fill an ice chest with ice to store smaller items.
4. Prepare any sides the day before to save some time the next day.
5. Keep kids busy by getting them to help you with any desserts that require decorating.
6. Remember your pets and the items that can be dangerous to their health: turkey bones, sugar-free baked goods, chocolate, tinsel and ribbon, and holiday plants – i.e., mistletoe, poinsettia and holly.
7. DON’T STRESS OUT! Remember what is important in your life during this what is usually a stressful season, family and friends. Your pup or kitty can feel your stress and get stressed out as well and act out – so for yourself and your household – take everything in stride, make lists and enjoy the season!
Promo: When you are planning what gifts to give and you are going to be ordering prints from me, make sure to use the secret password “thankful” and get a complimentary 8×10 gift print of every canvas order you place during the month of November!
“Every day, 1,200 kids enter foster care in the United States.” Together We Rise is a non-profit that changes the way they experience the system.
On November 12, 2017, I will be hosting holiday mini-sessions at Yorba Regional Park. The entire session fee will be donated to Together We Rise for their scholarship program. See information here – as well as additional packages offered.
I cannot imagine for one second what these kids go through and I applaud the hearts of those that can and do open their homes and hearts for these kids.
But what happens to kids when they “age out” of the system? I can’t even imagine the difficulty unless by some miracle they get lucky with a foster family that can continue to support them and pay for their school. What are their options? How are they going to work and go to school? It must feel really hopeless and scary! Together We Rise has partnered with the Fund ll Foundation (Family Fellowship) to support youth in foster care with financial, educational, and wrap around support. They invest up to $90,000 per student.
I absolutely love the work that Together We Rise does for kids in the foster program and I hope you will join me in showing them some love this holiday season.
Also visit their website to see how else you can help! There are a lot of really cool and fun programs for which you can volunteer to help!
‘Tis the season for getting those family photos taken for creative special gifts and holiday cards for your loved ones!
Here is a list of the upcoming sessions and their locations – packages start at $150:
November 12 – Yorba Regional Park – benefiting Together We Rise – Scholarship Program – Entire Session Fee is donated
November 22 & 25 – Gum Grove – Seal Beach
November 26 – Horsethief Canyon Park – San Dimas LAST ONE!