My service and price includes printed photographs AND digital files. I can also provide various types of wall art, including acrylic, metal, professionally framed prints, canvas, and/or custom albums!
Back when I was a shoot and burn photographer, I would photograph my client, edit their images and then upload the photographs to a site where they could download them to their computer. I have had clients (not many but enough to know there are probably more) contact me and ask me to either send them the link to their photos again or inquire as to where their photos went – several years later! Wait – what? You paid a professional photographer to take your photos or record your wedding and they are still floating in cyberspace?! Yes, I could have given a disc or flash drive, but that could just as easily get lost. THIS is one of the biggest reasons I am no longer a shoot and burn photographer. I value my work and photographs too much to not print and share them. Putting your photos online for you to download sounds super convenient, but I’m not serving you – my client – by doing this.
I am a boutique business and boutiques are all about personalized service to their clients. I don’t just take photos and then leave you to sit in the dark after work trying to figure out how to download 1,000 photographs from your wedding or spending half a day searching for that little flash drive or disc you put in a “safe place.”
When you see prices and packages of professional photographers like me, you probably step back and say, “But all we want are the digital files.” “It’s so easy – you just take the pictures and upload them right?” “Why do you charge so much and why can’t I just get a disc?” Because I care about you, my level of service and your photographs. There is a lot that goes into those photographs:
- You get a free consultation right off the bat – whether you hire me or not. We discuss what your end-game is – do you want large wall portraits, gifts, album(s) . . . etc. – what you are looking for in the style of your photographs – locations, etc.
- Before the session, I am visualizing, creating a shoot list, possibly buying props – you are on my mind a lot.
- The photo session: We have a great time, different poses, play, and connect. We are done when we are done – if we want to hang out and wait for the sun to nearly set – we do that – simply to obtain the best photographs that you are dreaming of.
- I don’t think I need to mention all the education, workshops, years of practice, and expensive equipment I have.
- Then culling and editing. This takes much longer than your session did I guarantee you. I sit with your images, I toss those that are duplicative or not perfect and then I create. I retouch, head swap in family photos if someone blinked or looks better in another photo, sometimes I add textures and special tones, and I analyze how I want each and every separate photograph to look. I put great effort into making sure every photograph is ready for printing and hanging.
- Reveal session. We get together and you get to see at least 30 photographs all retouched, printed, mounted and matted ready to take home. AND you get the digital files for every image you purchase! Win-win!
Wouldn’t it be a shame to only put your images online after all the work and love that went into them?