Are you experiencing some post-vacation blues?
Here are some tips for getting back in the swing of things.
Work and School Routine Can Be Fun Too!
Transitioning from a blissful vacation to work and school again might seem like quite a daunting task but with the right planning and a little motivation, it can be done – and fun!
Here are a few tips to help get you started:
- Set some goals. Outlining exactly what you hope to achieve in the coming month will allow you to break your to-do list into smaller, manageable tasks while still keeping the bigger picture in mind. Be sure to include “me” and “family” time in your list of goals!!!!
- Start your day right. How you start your day can make all the difference to how you feel about getting back into your routine. Waking up early enough to take your morning slow and eating a good meal can really turn your entire day around. Intentional deep breathing, meditation and stretching can really let you ease into your day and clear out the overnight cobwebs.
- Refresh your space. Clearing away any clutter and getting organized is one way to get motivated about getting back to work and into your routine, and this is something that the whole household can get involved with. When this task seems overwhelming. I focus on one space at a time. What is bugging me the most right now?
- Tackle that inbox. Sometimes your email inbox can be the scariest part about heading back to work but avoiding it will only leave you feeling more stressed. Don’t rush. Take your time to work through each email slowly, making a list of important tasks and notes as you go. Another tip is to sort you emails alphabetically, then you can get rid of groups of emails from the same entity.
- Have some fun. Just because your vacation is over doesn’t mean you can’t still have fun. Set a date with friends or family, book tickets for a show or plan a hike. Having something to look forward will keep that vacation high going. Schedule a photo session . . . haha just saying!
When it comes to getting back into routine, start small, start slow but start! Once you get going, you’ll very quickly own your days and routine once again. Also, don’t dwell on it. Just do it one step at a time.
Promo: If you schedule your family October or November mini-session by August 31, you will receive a complimentary mounted 11×14 print.